My First Program in Java (Hello World!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My First Program in Java (Hello World!)

Post by Mases on Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Yes, yes. I'm finally taking some programming classes and expanding my knowledge about computers, programming, and engineering. I wanted to post my first program here for everyone to see, and hopefully run it as well on their computers with me. First, you need a java compiler or a java machine installed on your operating system. If you have a Mac, OS X comes with all that already, and this tutorial was made for that.

First, open your Terminal. We will use the OS X Terminal to compile and execute our program today. From their, you want to type the following:

Code:
mkdir bin

Then

Code:
cd bin

Then

Code:
vi HelloWorld.java

What we did here was create a new folder for our project to separate our files from the user-directory level. Then, we moved our Terminal to the new folder by using the command cd. Vi is the editor built in the terminal of the OS X. We created a new text editor file, and we declared it HelloWorld.java. In there you press the key (i) and you type:

Code:
public class HelloWord{
     public static void main(String [] args){
          System.out.println("Hello World!");
     }
}

One done, press ESC, and hold shift and press the key Z twice to save and exit the editor. Now type:

Code:
javac HelloWorld.java

to compile your text file, and then finally type:

Code:
java HelloWorld

to see the results!
Mases

Respect Bar :

http://sicktier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top